The members shall ensure that the total number of trustees (including the Executive Principal and the Principal Directors) who are employees of the Academy Trust does not exceed one third of the total number of trustees.
Trustees are to include the following:
- The members must appoint a minimum of 5 trustees.
- One trustee to be appointed by the Parochial Church Council of the Ecclesiastical Parish of Saint John and Saint Luke, Bilton, Harrogate.
- One trustee to be appointed by Richard Taylor’s Educational Foundation (charity number 529568).
- The Principal of St. Aidan’s Church of England High School of Oatlands Drive, Harrogate, HG2 8JR (where the same is not also the Executive Principal).
- The Principal of Richard Taylor Church of England Primary School of Bilton Lane, Harrogate, HG1 3DT (where the same is not also the Executive Principal); and
- Parent trustees if appointed under Articles 53-56 in the event that no provision is made for parent representatives on Local Governing Bodies under the Article. The Academy Trust may also have any co-opted trustee appointed under Article 58.
With the exception of co-opted and ex-officio trustees, all other trustees are appointed for a four year period. Subject to remaining eligible to be a particular type of trustee, any trustee may be re-appointed or re-elected.